Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/12 21:38:02 UTC

[Android] Can we get rid of the Callback Server/Hanging GET now?

Hey

In 2.1.0, we currently have the ability to use multiple bridges thanks
to Andrew's work.  However, we currently still have a series of issues
related to the fact that on Android 4.x, the routing tables decided to
take a vacation and never come back when there's no Internet
connection.  This means that the bridge freezes up and never comes
back.  This wouldn't be an issue if this wasn't our default bridge
method.  In addition to this, a large amount of memory usage on
Android is also taken up with this callback server.  So, I think we
should take this thing out behind the shed and put it out of its
misery.

As far as what should replace it, I'm for the overriding of the online
event for replacing it, since it performs faster than the others, and
actually works across all the versions of Android based on what I've
tested so far (2.2.2 to 4.1.1).

Any thoughts or reasons why this method should survive?

Joe

Re: [Android] Can we get rid of the Callback Server/Hanging GET now?

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll create a ticket for it.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Yes, we document upgrade guides for each release now in our docs [1].

I like the idea of putting these types of future / deprecation decisions
into the guides as well.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.