Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Owens, Martin" <Ma...@merrillcorp.com> on 2008/01/28 23:38:16 UTC

Indexing Directly, searching with solr

Hello all,

In order to get around problems with Solr indexing very large files (mostly memory issues, not being able to deal with streams, not being able to handle file pointers and handling everything in java as huge strings) we've decided to index using lucene directly.

Now we have an index created, but Solr just doesn't see any documents there, even though we know there are documents indexed and the segments and cfs contains data.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards, Martin Owens