Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by janylj <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/07 20:31:52 UTC

Options for Shared File System Master Slave

Hello,

I am researching on the options for Shared File System Master Slave and
found this comment earlier:
"You really have three choices:  NAS:  CIFS or NFS; SAN:  GFS (cluster file
system)"

I don't have much knowledge on NAS or SAN. Would you please recommend some
products for these technologies, preferably open source ones?

Also I played with Hadoop distributed file system. However, I don't think
Hadoop works in this case. I could not find a specific shared file system
directory which could be configured into activemq. But isn't Hadoop a GFS?
If anyone has considered Hadoop, please advise whether it's applicable.

Thank you very much.

Lijun