Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Kitti Nánási <kn...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/15 11:49:32 UTC

Checkstyle shows false positive report

Hi All,

We noticed that the checkstyle run by the pre commit job started to show
false positive reports, so I created HADOOP-15665
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15665>.

Until that is fixed, keep in mind to run the checkstyle by your IDE
manually for the patches you upload or review.

Thanks,
Kitti

Re: Checkstyle shows false positive report

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
Just reverted, Thanks for root causing this.

Thanks
Anu

On 8/15/18, 9:37 AM, "Allen Wittenauer" <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID> wrote:

    > On Aug 15, 2018, at 4:49 AM, Kitti Nánási <kn...@cloudera.com.INVALID> wrote:
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > We noticed that the checkstyle run by the pre commit job started to show
    > false positive reports, so I created HADOOP-15665
    > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15665>.
    >
    > Until that is fixed, keep in mind to run the checkstyle by your IDE
    > manually for the patches you upload or review.

    	I’ve tracked it down to HDDS-119.  I have no idea why that JIRA Is changing the checkstyle suppressions file, since the asf license check is it’s own thing and check style wouldn’t be looking at those files anyway.

    	That said, there is a bug in Yetus in that it should have reported that checkstyle failed to run. I’ve filed YETUS-660 for that.

Re: Checkstyle shows false positive report

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.