Posted to replication@couchdb.apache.org by Nick Wood <nw...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/28 23:53:27 UTC

Long delay when trying to delete replications

I have a script that starts and stops replications on a very regular basis.
Occasionally I'll make a request to cancel a replication as follows:

curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -X POST
http://admin:***@***:5984/_replicate
-d ' {"replication_id":
"f509e26d1106d7022ae698c9a37e3c57+continuous+create_target", "cancel":
true} '

and the request hangs - sometimes for a few minutes, occasionally for as
long as 30 minutes.

I can reproduce this on a regular basis on my production environment when
juggling 30-40 replications between two CouchDB 1.6.1 servers in separate
data centers.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this?

  Nick