Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Roger Debry <DE...@uvu.edu> on 2018/09/28 00:21:39 UTC

Netbeans 9 will not create a project from cloned source

I have recently updated to netbeans 9 and I am having a problem getting netbeans to create a project cloned from github. Netbeans 8 did this perfectly, but when I try to clone a project from github with Netbeans 9, it clones the files, then asks if I want to create a project from the cloned source. When I click on the button to create the project, Netbeans 8 creates the project and opens it in the editor. Netbeans 9 brings up the new project dialogue and creates a new project with an empty main(). Is this a bug in Netbeans 9 or am I doing something wrong? Any input would be appreciated.
Roger deBry

Re: Netbeans 9 will not create a project from cloned source

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Can you give some more clues, e.g., what kind of project are we talking
about here? If it's on GitHub, what is the URL so others can try it and see
if it works for them?

Gj