Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/29 21:07:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release fileinstall 3.0.0

I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:

fileinstall 3.0.0

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-035/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-034/>

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 035 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: [VOTE] Release fileinstall 3.0.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding).

Regards
JB

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I hereby cancel this vote.  I will upload a new candidate release with the
fix for the issue raise by Sahoo (FELIX-2313).

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Sahoo <sa...@sun.com>.
Let's at least remove the restriction that a bundle must have
Bundle-Version. I will update the issue accordingly.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Right, I suppose checking Bundle-SymbolicName should be sufficient.
Could you please raise a JIRA, i'll try to upload a new version asap.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 15:18, Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com> wrote:

> -1 (non binding)
>
> During testing I found a new issue; it is not a regression. FileInstall
> does not recognize jar files that have only Bundle-SymbolicName. I see the
> following code in BundleTransformer.java:
>
>           if (m.getMainAttributes().getValue(new
> Attributes.Name("Bundle-SymbolicName")) != null
>               && m.getMainAttributes().getValue(new
> Attributes.Name("Bundle-Version")) != null)
>
> Why is this the case? Earlier fileinstall used to be able install anything
> that's a jar file.
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo
>
> Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
>> I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:
>>
>> fileinstall 3.0.0
>>
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-035/<
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-034/>
>>

>> You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
>> signatures:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh
>>
>> Usage:
>> sh check_staged_release.sh 035 /tmp/felix-staging
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet