Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/26 04:48:54 UTC

update on radiate

i've posted the change log here <https://www.radii8.com/blog/?p=1078>. you
can now use your own site (domain) for creating projects. it connects to a
wordpress instance to save the mxml documents. it also uses wordpress as a
publishing platform. any document you design can be used as a "theme" for
wordpress. so for example, if you make a gallery page, save it, set the
document status to publish and then open the wordpress post in the browser.
instead of seeing a theme page you'll see your design exported as html
through the wordpress theme. you can add tokens to import wordpress the
wordpress post content, title and so on.

also, i've add property inspectors for about 10 more components. this is
one of the goals of the project, as sort of property explorer. the most
surprising thing i found out is how awesome the TileGroup is. it has some
really nice layout options. it can easily be used like a table using
numerous columns or form using two columns. i also found a lot of
properties on familiar components i didn't know about. i'm guessing they
might have been added in in apache releases?

there are numerous other changes, including some initial support for live
mxml editing <https://www.radii8.com/blog/?p=1083>. using some of the
falcon code Alex used in his prototype, we could support live delta
updates. currently, on each change all the components are removed and then
readded. in the poc you can set it to update on change or save. by default
you have to use command + s or ctrl + s. with delta updates you'd only
update the specific component and specific property or style. each
component takes about 50 - 100ms to render in my tests. there are numerous
places where the performance could be improved. right now, it's coupled
with the radiate.as class. moving that will make the file size much
smaller. caching more metadata calls would help as well.

i really think we need to add runtime mxml support. for designers, for
developers who don't want to use html and just as an alternative to not
just html but to everything else out there. html frameworks are reinvented
every week and they are coming up with solutions flex has had for years. if
they see mxml at least they can use it as an example to base off or use
flex in general.

Re: update on radiate

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
I've just tested your mxml live editor, it looks very promising.
You should post this and the radii info to the users list also.
Keep up the Great work!

Olaf

Re: update on radiate

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.