Posted to user@struts.apache.org by chris <ch...@gerrard.net> on 2004/04/06 01:19:24 UTC

Problem with custom ActionMapping, set-property and WebLogic

I'm having trouble getting a custom ActionMapping class populated with the
contents of a <set-property ... /> element of a Struts <action ..> </action>
declaration.

My code works under Tomcat, but not under Weblogic 8.1.

Can anyone provide any pointers?

Everything's fine, except that the custom properties don't get set.

The custom class:

public class MyActionMapping extends ActionMapping {
   public void setUserRequired(String boolStr) {
       System.out.println("\n.... setUserRequired(" + boolStr + ")");
       userRequired = getBoolean(userRequired, boolStr);
   }

   // This is here to show the Mapping getting loaded, and it does
   public void setInput(String input) {
       System.out.println("\n.... setInput(" + input + ")");
       super.setInput(input);
   }
}

The struts-config:

 <action-mappings    type="MyActionMapping">
   <action   path="..."
             scope="request"
             name="FileUploadForm"
             input="BadData.jsp">
     <set-property value="false" property="userRequired" />
   </action>
 </action-mappings>

When my app loads I get this output from WebLogic:

 ---
.... MyActionMapping.setInput(BadData.jsp)

.... MyActionMapping.setInput(some.login.page)
 ---

So the correct ActionMapping class is being used, but the <set-property />
has no effect.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Problem with custom ActionMapping, set-property and WebLogic

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
Try adding matching getters for your setters, to make sure Weblogic sees
these as properties.

--
Martin Cooper