Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2006/01/16 20:07:47 UTC

$0 and perl change 26779

Perl change 26779[1] has made it into blead. Basically, it's now possible
to have perl_parse() _not_ do anything with $0 by setting PL_origalen = 1;

This used to cause us some trouble, so we might want to do something about it.
Of course, we will still be stuck with older Perl's behaviour, but it might
be worth the trouble to make use of this 'feature' for newer Perls.

1: http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=26779

Re: $0 and perl change 26779

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Perl change 26779[1] has made it into blead. Basically, it's now possible
> to have perl_parse() _not_ do anything with $0 by setting PL_origalen = 1;
>
> This used to cause us some trouble, so we might want to do something about it.
> Of course, we will still be stuck with older Perl's behaviour, but it might
> be worth the trouble to make use of this 'feature' for newer Perls.
>
> 1: http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=26779

What do you mean, change it? AFAIK, assigning to $0 is ignored at the
moment under mp2.