Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Devine, Harry (FAA)" <ha...@faa.gov.INVALID> on 2020/08/18 11:58:33 UTC

Issue upgrading to 1.2.0

I'm trying to upgrade 0.9.13-incubating to 1.2.0.  I followed the following:

1)      Put the new WAR file under /var/lib/guacamole

2)      Put the new JDBC and LDAP JAR files where they go

3)      Ran the pre-0.9.14 and pre-1.0.0 SQL scripts

4)      Recompiled and installed guacamole server 1.2.0

5)      Restarted guacd  (/etc/init.d/guacd start)

6)      Restarted Tomcat

In /var/log/messages, I get the following error:

Aug 18 07:53:04 access server: 07:53:04.201 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule - Extension "guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.2.0.jar" could not be loaded: Authentication provider class cannot be loaded (wrong version of API?).
Aug 18 07:53:04 access server: 07:53:04.204 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule - Extension "guacamole-auth-ldap-1.2.0.jar" could not be loaded: Authentication provider class cannot be loaded (wrong version of API?).

And the client web page still shows 0.9.13-incubating.  Any ideas on what I missed?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine
DOT/FAA/AJM-2431
Secure-OSE Administrator
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
harry.devine@faa.gov
(609)485-4218
Building 300, 3rd floor, Column L20 (3L20)

RE: Issue upgrading to 1.2.0

Posted by "Devine, Harry (FAA)" <ha...@faa.gov.INVALID>.
An issue being reported by our users, and I have verified it, is that now after the upgrade, when I open a VNC session, the mouse doesn’t move within the window and I can’t type in the window.  I tried an SSH and RDP connection and both of those worked.  The log shows a successful VNC connection and doesn’t indicate any issues.  Any ideas on where I can look?

Thanks,
Harry

Posted by "Devine, Harry (FAA)" <ha...@faa.gov.INVALID>.

Re: Issue upgrading to 1.2.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

RE: Issue upgrading to 1.2.0

Posted by "Devine, Harry (FAA)" <ha...@faa.gov.INVALID>.
I forgot to mention that.  /var/lib/tomcat/webapps has a symbolic link to /var/lib/guacamole/guacamole.war, which was the 1.2.0 version I replaced.

Harry

I’m trying to upgrade 0.9.13-incubating to 1.2.0.  I followed the following:

1)      Put the new WAR file under /var/lib/guacamole

This is probably not the right location for the new WAR file.  The WAR file usually needs to go into Tomcat's webapps folder.  The location for this will vary based on how you've installed Tomcat, but you might check /var/lib/tomcat or /var/www/tomcat for a "webapps" directory.  The WAR file goes in there under the name you want the web application deployed under (guacamole.war -> /guacamole, ROOT.war -> /, etc.).

-Nick

Re: Issue upgrading to 1.2.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.