Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2006/07/04 20:25:59 UTC

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Two Websites on Single Data Base

Yes, this one of OFBiz features. A store may have multiples websites (hence the notion of "Product Store WebSite" in OFBiz see https://server:port/catalog/control/EditProductStoreWebSites?viewProductStoreId=9000 with demo data)

Jacques
        Can we host two Websites like ecommerce in ofbiz, with Single DataBase in ofbz.

  Regards
  G Venkata Phanindra.

  --
  G.Venkata Phanindra
  Mob:: 9849852989

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Two Websites on Single Data Base

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
Are these two websites different business organisations? Did you want
them to have separate product/order management areas?

The product store and website information described in this thread so
far is not designed to restrict management access to products and
categories and parties and facilities and orders and accounts and
workeffort etc. it is really targeted at running more than one website
(maybe consider this a brand) that may or may not share some common data.

Ray

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
If you just want to exclude the productIds from the other website, take
a look at the "view allow" ProductCatalogCategoryType.

If you want to properly separate ALL data, consider using a second
delegator.

- Andrew

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 11:02 +0530, G.Venkata Phanindra wrote:
> Thanks for reply ..........
> But Content Ids and product ids  are accessible from different wesites,for
> example i can access,the product Id of ecommerce from my new Webstore,but i
> donnot want that to happen how can i do that.
> Phani
>
> On 7/4/06, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, this one of OFBiz features. A store may have multiples websites
> > (hence the notion of "Product Store WebSite" in OFBiz see
> > https://server:port/catalog/control/EditProductStoreWebSites?viewProductStoreId=9000with demo data)
> >
> > Jacques

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: [OFBiz] Users - Two Websites on Single Data Base

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Chris Howe" <cj...@yahoo.com>
> I can't be certain that this logic pans out in
> practice, but it's the way that I understand how Ofbiz
> is.
>
> 1) You have a website
> 2) That website have a Product Store
> 3) That Product Store has Catalogs
> 4) Those Catalogs have Categories certain catalog
> category types (this is where most of the action lies)
> 5) Those categories have roll up categories
> 6) those categories have products
>
> I have no idea about the content Id stuff because I
> haven't had to dig into it yet, but as far as the
> products, I would guess you have one of two problems.
>

> 1) Website A has Product Store 1 and Website B has
> Product Store 1.  If this occurs, everything from 2
> down will be the same
>
> 2) For your Catalogs, you have not defined a View
> Allow Catalog Category Type or a Purchase Allow or
> maybe even a Default Search or Other Search.  Without
> these constraints on your catalog, it's going to
> assume it has access to all products.  So, if both of
> your websites have catalogs that have access to all
> products, then they're going to be accessible from
> different websites

For more information about these points please see
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf

Jacques

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "G.Venkata Phanindra" <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply ..........
But Content Ids and product ids  are accessible from different wesites,for
example i can access,the product Id of ecommerce from my new Webstore,but i
donnot want that to happen how can i do that.
Phani

On 7/4/06, Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Yes, this one of OFBiz features. A store may have multiples websites
> (hence the notion of "Product Store WebSite" in OFBiz see
> https://server:port/catalog/control/EditProductStoreWebSites?viewProductStoreId=9000with demo data)
>
> Jacques

G.Venkata Phanindra
Mob:: 9849852989