Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2014/07/16 17:22:19 UTC

Getting Extension properties with Python cmislib?

Hi All

I'm currently trying to produce a simple Django app that'll fetch /
display / store data in an Alfresco repo. Given my history, I decided I
ought to be using CMIS, rather than Jeff's django-alfresco google code
module[1], so I'm using cmislib

However, I've hit a snag. The Alfresco data type I'm working with
(datalist) has an auto-generated name, with the useful human readable name
in the title, but that gets sent under an Extension by Alfresco. As such,
cmislib's object.properties doesn't show it.

What's the trick for asking cmislib for the extension properties for an
object?

Thanks
Nick

[1] https://code.google.com/p/django-alfresco/

Re: Getting Extension properties with Python cmislib?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Wed, 16 Jul 2014, Jeff Potts wrote:
> Sorry for the initial terse reply. If you are looking for the title of a
> datalist, that's in cm:title, which is in the titled aspect. Props from
> aspects are available through cmislib when you also use cmislibalf,
> which is available on google code [1] or through pypi.

Ah ha, that should get me going, thanks!

I'd searched for extensions in the docs, but hadn't found anything, hence
the post. Do you think it's worth adding a section to the site or docs
which details that extensions aren't directly supported, then lists the
extension modules + their licenses?

Thanks
Nick

Re: Getting Extension properties with Python cmislib?

Posted by Jeff Potts <je...@gmail.com>.
Nick,

Sorry for the initial terse reply. If you are looking for the title of a
datalist, that's in cm:title, which is in the titled aspect. Props from
aspects are available through cmislib when you also use cmislibalf, which
is available on google code [1] or through pypi.

Jeff

[1] https://code.google.com/p/cmislib-alfresco-extension/

Posted by Jeff Potts <je...@gmail.com>.