Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2015/06/30 12:02:52 UTC

Markmail troubles?

I noticed Markmail archive no longer supports entry URLs that we have on our site.

(broken) http://cayenne.markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.cayenne.user
(this works though) http://markmail.org/search/?q=list+org.apache.cayenne.user

Moreover the archive is missing a bunch of messages. E.g. compare per-month counts:

(too few) http://markmail.org/search/?q=list+org.apache.cayenne.user
(this seems accurate) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cayenne-user/

Couldn't find anything on google or their site about ongoing problems. I guess will need to ping their tech support. FWIW Mrakmail is the best message archive. Would hate to lose it.

Andrus

Re: Markmail troubles?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Markmail is still losing our mail. I finally got around to trying to submit a support request to them. Unfortunately their captcha [1] is unsolvable, so the only feedback channel is not accessible. Now thinking whether I should bother pinging their corporate parent MarkLogic. But I am actually leaning towards removing MarkMail links from Cayenne mailing list pages completely.

Too bad the alternative archives are not as user-freindly.

Andrus

[1] http://cayenne.markmail.org/docs/feedback.xqy