Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Miguel Almeida <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 21:03:31 UTC

test-jar in multi-module: not working in some goals

I have a multi-module project where moduleA has a test-jar depedency to
moduleB.

I am running Maven 3 and was under the impression that maven would figure
out the dependency in the same reactor (I am running through the parent
project). However, some goals can't find the test-jar dependency:

- site doesn't find the dependency*
- surefire-report:report doesn't complain

The problem is similar to what is explained in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4786881/why-is-test-jar-dependency-required-for-mvn-compile

Is this a known issue? Must I not use some goals when I have this kind of
test-jar dependency? Even if I installed/deployed, maven would probably be
out of sync, retrieving the previously installed test-jar and not the one in
the current workspace.

Thanks in advance for your clarification,

Miguel Almeida

*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.0-beta-3:site (default-site) on
project clinicalmanagement: failed to get Reports: Failed to execute goal on
project cm-web: Could not resolve dependencies for project
com.itc.clinicalmanagement:cm-web:war:1.0.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact com.itc.clinicalmanagement:cm-persistence:jar:tests:1.0.2-SNAPSHOT
in itc-internal (http://192.100.1.1:8082/archiva/repository/itc-internal/)
-> [Help 1]