Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com> on 2003/05/21 20:40:00 UTC

Re: Cocoon Caching: Can I Config Caching on a 2nd Drive for Very Large Files?

At 02:32 PM 5/21/2003, you wrote:
>For what it's worth: I know that you're asking about 2.1, but in  2.0.4,
>you can control the cache properties in cocoon.xconf like this:

>So you would add:
>
><parameter name="directory" value="/your/cache/dir/goes/here"/>
>
>in the <cache-persistent> node.

That should be the same in 2.1 IIRC.

>So far as periodically purging the cache: I'm not sure if that
>functionality is even provided in 2.0, so check the 2.1 docs.

It's not normally needed because Cocoon evaluates the validity of the cached
objects before returning them.  If it's invalid, you'll get fresh content
automatically.

If you still feel you need this for some reason, look at the clear cache
samples
under the xsp samples area (bad placement probably).

Geoff