Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ian Taylor <ia...@inatos.com> on 2002/05/29 13:18:53 UTC

Trouble with Pound signs

I am encoding both the xml and xsl with UTF-8 and have had no problems with
rendering a pound sign, £, on our local machines.

However when this was tested on other machines the pound sign turned into a
square box.

What can I do to make sure that pound signs are always rendered on any
platform?

Thanks

Re: Trouble with Pound signs

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ian Taylor wrote:
> I am encoding both the xml and xsl with UTF-8 and have had no problems
> with rendering a pound sign, £, on our local machines.
>
> However when this was tested on other machines the pound sign turned
> into a square box.

Usually this means the font on the target machine does
not contain a glyph for the pound sign. Do you use standard
fonts or your own font? In case of the latter, did you embed
your font?

> What can I do to make sure that pound signs are always rendered on any
> platform?

It depends.

J.Pietschmann