Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org> on 2002/07/17 03:44:02 UTC

announcements

Users,
     There is a new unstable release -> 1.7.2.  It seems pretty solid so far, and I have more
confidence in it at this point than the previous production release (1.7).

Developers/power users,
	I've made a first pass at the GUI elements related to the new functions.  There is a
brief doc page about functions (only in CVS, not on website).  User
defined variables can be created in the TestPlan GUI element, and a dialog can
assist you in generating the correct syntax for your function calls.  The dialog is
available from the "Options" menu.  Currently, there is only one function implemented (but it's
an interesting one).

Creating new functions should be easy and fun (hint, hint).  You don't need to write any GUI
code.  Just follow the directions in the JavaDocs for the org.apache.jmeter.functions.Function
interface.  Also org.apache.jmeter.functions.AbstractFunction, which you may want to extend.

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org

RE: announcements

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I just grabbed the lastest nightly (7-17) and functions.html was there in
/docs/usermanual.  Therefore, I am confused.

-Mike

>On 17 Jul 2002 at 13:21, Yuri Weinstein wrote:

> I don't see functions.html file in either \docs\usermanual nor in
> \docs\user_manual dirs.
>
> =====
> Thx
>
> YuriW

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688

RE: announcements

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org

RE: announcements

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org

Re: functions

Posted by Derek Baum <de...@paremus.com>.
Mike,

The user-variables panel is great, but ...

1. it appears to be saved to file, but is not loaded when file is opened

2. I could really use embedded variable substitution, so the arguments
for functions could be user-variables, for example:

    ${__rand(${max})}

//derek

___________________
Derek Baum
Paremus Limited
+44 (0)20 7936 9396
www.paremus.com

Re: functions

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Derek,
      Thanks - I will look at it and see if I can remove the extra call.  I can also add
the boolean to find inner classes.

Also, regarding your other email, embedded variables shouldn't be too much
trouble.  Embedded functions would be a different matter though :-)

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688

Re: functions

Posted by Derek Baum <de...@paremus.com>.
Mike,

I confirm you have fixed the problems below.

Thanks,

//derek

Re: functions

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> >available from the "Options" menu.  Currently, there is only one function implemented (but it's
> >an interesting one).
> >
> >Creating new functions should be easy and fun (hint, hint).  You don't need to write any GUI
> >code.  Just follow the directions in the JavaDocs for the org.apache.jmeter.functions.Function
> >interface.  Also org.apache.jmeter.functions.AbstractFunction, which you may want to extend.
> >
> >--
> >Michael Stover
> >mstover1@apache.org
> >Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
> >ICQ: 152975688
> >
> >--

> >This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
> >service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
> >anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688

Re: functions

Posted by Derek Baum <de...@paremus.com>.
Mike,

Mike Stover wrote:

>Users,
>     There is a new unstable release -> 1.7.2.  It seems pretty solid so far, and I have more
>confidence in it at this point than the previous production release (1.7).
>
>Developers/power users,
>	I've made a first pass at the GUI elements related to the new functions.  There is a
>brief doc page about functions (only in CVS, not on website).  User
>defined variables can be created in the TestPlan GUI element, and a dialog can
>assist you in generating the correct syntax for your function calls.  The dialog is
>available from the "Options" menu.  Currently, there is only one function implemented (but it's
>an interesting one).
>
>Creating new functions should be easy and fun (hint, hint).  You don't need to write any GUI
>code.  Just follow the directions in the JavaDocs for the org.apache.jmeter.functions.Function
>interface.  Also org.apache.jmeter.functions.AbstractFunction, which you may want to extend.
>
>--
>Michael Stover
>mstover1@apache.org
>Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
>ICQ: 152975688
>
>--

>This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
>service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
>anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
>http://www.star.net.uk

___________________
Derek Baum
Paremus Limited
+44 (0)20 7936 9396
www.paremus.com

Re: announcements

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
It is unimportant.  JMeter should work normally despite receiving that message.

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688

log4j fix ...

Posted by Marcel May <Ma...@consol.de>.
You can ignore the log4j message, it's just for logging.

JMeter does not initialize log4j correctly :-(

For the developers, I have a patch against the current CVS
( see attachments). Absolute, os-dependend file paths ("c:\log.txt")
are pretty ugly in Java sources :-(.

CU,
Marcel

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 09:49:29AM +0100, Yomi olusesi wrote:
> I have just downloaded and installed the unstable
> release -> 1.7.2 and when I issue the command:
>
> D:/ApacheJMeter_1.7.2/jakarta-jmeter/bin>jmeter.bat
>
> I am getting this error messages:
>
> log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
> (org.apache.jmeter.util.ClassFinder).
> log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system
> properly.
>
> Can somebody help me out.
>
> Thanks
> Yomi