Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Joerg Brunsmann <jo...@FernUni-Hagen.de> on 1999/11/12 16:45:22 UTC

Taglib URI

Hi,

I was playing with

  examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp

and discovered that the uri of the taglib
directive is:

 uri="http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib"

Is the assumption correct that this uri is a hard
wired map to the file

./examples/WEB-INF/jsp/example-taglib.tld

If not, how do I specify another taglib?

Any comment, suggestion or hint is welcome.

Thank you,

Jörg

Re: Taglib URI

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Joerg Brunsmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was playing with
>
>   examples/jsp/simpletag/foo.jsp
>
> and discovered that the uri of the taglib
> directive is:
>
>  uri="http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib"
>
> Is the assumption correct that this uri is a hard
> wired map to the file
>
> ./examples/WEB-INF/jsp/example-taglib.tld
>
> If not, how do I specify another taglib?
>
> Any comment, suggestion or hint is welcome.

It's described in the JSP 1.1 spec, http://java.sun.com/products/jsp

The "uri" attribute is either a URI relative to the application's URI root
pointing directly to the TLD, or as in this case, a "symbolic" URI that is
further defined in the web.xml file. In the web.xml file the symbolic URI is
mapped to the real location. Look at the examples/WEB-INF/web.xml file in the
Tomcat build directory to see how it works.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com