Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by King Huang <kc...@ucalgary.ca> on 2010/08/16 19:22:39 UTC

Writing List/Show/Filter/etc. Functions

Hi,

How are people writing functions in _design documents? Futon's useful for map/reduce functions, but what about everything else? Right now, I write code in BBEdit (on Mac OS X), then have to do a search/replace to convert line breaks, tabs, etc. into \n, \t, paste it into a _design doc in Futon, and test. It's really tedious.

What kind of workflows do people have for efficiently writing and testing functions?

Thanks,

King Chung Huang
Technology Solutions Analyst
Information Technologies
University of Calgary

Re: Writing List/Show/Filter/etc. Functions

Posted by King Huang <kc...@ucalgary.ca>.
Awesome. Thanks to everyone that pointed me to couchapp.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
Hi,

> Right now, I write code in BBEdit (on Mac OS X), then have to do a search/replace to convert line breaks, tabs, etc. into \n, \t, paste it into a _design doc in Futon, and test. It's really tedious. What kind of workflows do people have for efficiently writing and testing functions?

You should use couchapp...

Regards,

Aurélien

Re: Writing List/Show/Filter/etc. Functions

Posted by Jarrod Roberson <ja...@vertigrated.com>.
I use Intellij IDEA and SubEthaEdit to actually edit the individual files
and manage it all with couchapp and git
--
Jarrod Roberson
678.551.2852