Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 08:15:19 UTC

[DAS Java] created SDO graph doubt

Let me try to explain my doubt:

Lets suppose I create a select command and execute it. The returned
ResultSet has an attribute that belongs to the table X and is a FK to the
table Y, but no Y attribute is contained in the ResultSet. The question is:
does the das create, and also populate, the SDO graph only with the metadata
and data contained in the ResultSet or the das also adds to the SDO graph
the referenced Y table and its attributes and keep doing it till there is no
more referenced table?

I expect to be clear enough ; )

Adriano Crestani

Re: [DAS Java] created SDO graph doubt

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
Last doubt moved to thread: "[DAS Java] created SDO graph doubt 2"

Adriano Crestani

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.
Hello Adriano,
To return a graph of related elements, the RDB DAS depends on the user
providing a Query that expresses the relationship between the elements.
This is most often done by providing a query that includes a join.  See
the "relationship" examples in the DAS test suite.
Thanks,
--Kevin

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
Another doubt:

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks kelvin ; )

Posted by Kevin Williams <ke...@qwest.net>.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Amita, I also debugged the code and took this conclusion. And I
wasn't sure if it's supposed to work this way.

Is there anybody that could confirm that it should work this way?

Adriano Crestani

Posted by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adriano,