Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/01 13:19:43 UTC

Re: How to change HTML form action? Or is there any better option?

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 05:29:47 -0300, Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> So, the onPassivate() didn't worked, there's no context in the form's
> action... looking for another options.

Did you put the onPassivate() method in the page, not in the component?
Have you checked it actually returned the correct activation context
value? In event links (and form submission is one of them), the page
activation context is usually put at the t:ac query parameter.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Re: How to change HTML form action? Or is there any better option?

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 08:37:21 -0300, Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I may be misunderstanding this, but isn't t:form has its own context
> property for that purpose? EventLink also has this property.

The context of a page and the context of an event are separate. You can
have both at the same time and that's absolutely common.

> If I understand this right, onPassivate() is used only for
> request-after-redirect so that browser will get correct URL after
> handling of event.

That's not correct. It's used when any link, action or request, is
generated inside a given page.

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 05:29:47 -0300, Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  So, the onPassivate() didn't worked, there's no context in the form's
>> action... looking for another options.
>>

> Did you put the onPassivate() method in the page, not in the component?

Yes, I put it in the page.

> Have you checked it actually returned the correct activation context
> value? In event links (and form submission is one of them), the page
> activation context is usually put at the t:ac query parameter.

I checked, I actually returned some constant value from onPassivate() to
see if it appeared in the action URL, and it wasn't there.

I may be misunderstanding this, but isn't t:form has its own context
property for that purpose? EventLink also has this property.

If I understand this right, onPassivate() is used only for
request-after-redirect so that browser will get correct URL after handling
of event.

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo

Dmitry Gusev