Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 16:43:58 UTC

Re: qpid jar hell solutions? maven repo?

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM, falconair <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried using different version of the mina and concurrency-backport
> libraries, I get the same error.  The problem is made worse by the fact that
> some other jars also have mina/j.u.c as a dependency (possibly different
> versions).  A year ago or so, when I first used qpid, I had to waste several
> days to resolve this issue.  Now a colleague has setup maven (which is
> apparently designed for such problems) for our project , but qpid 0.5
> doesn't seem to be in any repos.

Yeah, we don't export release to the central repo ATM. I'm hopeful
that 0.6 will be though.

> How can I resolve this issue quickly?

The easiest way is probably to use the qpid-java-client-0.5.tar.gz and
add all the libraries in lib/ to your classpath - that should get
everything you need.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid jar hell solutions? maven repo?

Posted by falconair <sh...@gmail.com>.
In the previous version of my software, I did include all client jars in my
classpath; however, as the project grows, many of these jars are starting to
conflict with other packages.
Is there an internal pom file that you can expose?  Perhaps someone else,
with more maven experience has built one by hand that they would like to
share? :)

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Aidan Skinner (via Nabble) <
ml-user+168480-1967698364@n2.nabble.com<ml...@n2.nabble.com>