Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rasoul Hajikhani <ra...@rhythm.com> on 2002/01/21 20:35:44 UTC

mod_perl installation

Folks,
I get this message when running Makefile.pm:

Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
  but libgdbm.so was not found.
  You might need to install Perl from source

I have checked the /usr/lib directory for libgdbm.so and it is not
there.
Here is the result of perl -V | grep libs:
 libs=-lgdbm -lm -lc

I use SGI IRIX 6.5

Short of reinstalling perl, is there anything else that could be done?
Where would I find libgdbm.so?
Thanks in advance.
-r

Re: mod_perl installation

Posted by Robert Landrum <rl...@capitoladvantage.com>.
At 11:35 AM -0800 1/21/02, Rasoul Hajikhani wrote:
>Folks,
>I get this message when running Makefile.pm:
>
>Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
>  but libgdbm.so was not found.
>  You might need to install Perl from source
>
>I have checked the /usr/lib directory for libgdbm.so and it is not
>there.
>Here is the result of perl -V | grep libs:
> libs=-lgdbm -lm -lc
>
>I use SGI IRIX 6.5

I ran into this problem too... If I remember correctly, I just
removed DB_File module directory from the source tree and recompiled.

Of course this means that you can't use DB_File, but if you don't
need it, then this should work for you.

Rob

--
When I used a Mac, they laughed because I had no command prompt. When
I used Linux, they laughed because I had no GUI.

Re: mod_perl installation

Posted by Robert Landrum <rl...@capitoladvantage.com>.
At 11:35 AM -0800 1/21/02, Rasoul Hajikhani wrote:
>Folks,
>I get this message when running Makefile.pm:
>
>Your Perl is configured to link against libgdbm,
>  but libgdbm.so was not found.
>  You might need to install Perl from source

Actually, I just checked... I removed perl-5.6.x/ext/*_File

Rob

Re: mod_perl installation

Posted by Alastair Sherringham <al...@calliope.demon.co.uk>.
On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 11:35:44AM -0800, Rasoul Hajikhani wrote:
> I use SGI IRIX 6.5
>
> Short of reinstalling perl, is there anything else that could be done?
> Where would I find libgdbm.so?
> Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late reply. For IRIX software precompiled, you should
check the 'freeware' site ;

http://freeware.sgi.com/index-by-alpha.html

They've got GDBM I notice.

Cheers,