Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu> on 2016/06/01 02:52:31 UTC

ADM parser question

Hi all,

I have a question about something I am trying to coax the ADM parser into
accepting. I have a file that I dumped from the SDSC testbed that has a
bunch of tweets in it, just using curl and a dataset scan. The issue is
that currently this doesn't work round-trip. However in this case the
modifications don't seem like they should be terribly severe, so I just
tried my hand at using sed to fix it. The two things I think that should
make this hack work are: replacing the i32/i64 suffixes (so just s/i32//g)
and removing decimal suffixes (/s/\([0-9]\.[0-9]\)d/\1/g). This gives
output to me, that seems like it is "correct". But the parser is still
complaining and I don't understand why. It fails at line 619, column 228.
The tweet on that line, and the one above it, work fine if I just use an
insert statement.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to maybe what's causing it to not take
this input? I'm hoping it's just something silly I am too tired to see...
Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.

-Ian

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Where is the file?

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
I think it's just because almost everything is a string. I actually got it
to parse now, so it's "solved". I just had to use a way more complex regex
for fixing the decimal suffix issue (we also output floats in scientific
notation :) )

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Ian,

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Correct!
The symptoms indicate a bug in the load code path. Anxious to see the data
which triggers it.

~Abdullah.

Re: ADM parser question

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.