Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID> on 2014/10/20 18:01:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Cutting an 0.8 branch

Hey Guys,

With the RocksDB commit from Naveen, I think we're closing in on an 0.8 release.

The last remaining JIRA that I'd like to resolve is SAMZA-354. SAMZA-310 would be nice to get in as well, but I don't think it's a blocker.

Does anyone have any other JIRAs that they think should be resolved before we release 0.8? If not, I'll cut an 0.8 branch, and we can back port SAMZA-354 (and SAMZA-310 if it is done) when they're committed. The motivation for cutting the branch now is that I'm starting work on the ConfigStream stuff, and I don't want to destabilize 0.8 with the rather large changes that will come.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] Cutting an 0.8 branch

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hey Martin,

Sounds good to me. We should update hello-samza/latest if we do this, too.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Martin Kleppmann <ma...@kleppmann.com>.

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.