Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2010/01/01 05:05:51 UTC

Aggregating Javadocs during site generation

I am building the site of a multi-module project. I want all the
javadocs of the child modules to be aggregated for the parent's site,
but want the individual javadocs absent in the site of the child
modules. What is the configuration to do this?

Paul

Re: Aggregating Javadocs during site generation

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I found out how to do this. For anyone else:

1) Make sure the javadoc plugin is not defined in the <reporting> of
child modules.
2) Do not let the javadoc plugin of the parent to be inherited
(<inherited>false</inherited>)
3) Execute the aggregation as part of the parent's site [1]

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/aggregate.html

Paul