Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Giacomo Coletta <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 16:11:05 UTC

Testframework independence from OS

Hi,

I've used successfully the new Testframework 0.4.1 for karaf to test the
status of a custom karaf distribution for Windows. The test works on
windows.
Then i moved the test on a Jenkins instance we use for CI that runs on a
Linux server, and i was expecting the test code to be not suitable for this
environment.
Surprisingly instead the test runs successfully also on Linux (my
distribution is for Windows).

My question is: an integration test built using the Pax Exam Tesframework
for Karaf is actually independent from the underlying OS ?
In other words, can i actually be sure that if a test of a distribution for
windows was run succesfully on linux, the distribution actually works also
on windows ? And to which extent ?

For example, i don't think that the testframework uses the karaf.bat script
to start the distribution under test. What is then the mechanism used to
start the karaf instance ?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Giacomo

Re: Testframework independence from OS

Posted by Giacomo Coletta <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

now that you tell me, I already saw the
KarafDistributionKitConfigurationOption but completely forgot it. I think
that should solve my problem.

Thank you for the hint !

Giacomo

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.