Posted to user@spark.apache.org by nancy henry <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/23 08:53:02 UTC

quick question: best to use cluster mode or client mode for production?

Hi Team,

I have set of hc.sql("hivequery") kind of scripts which i am running right
now in spark-shell

How should i schedule it in production
making it spark-shell -i script.scala
or keeping it in jar file through eclipse and use spark-submit deploy mode
cluster?

which is advisable?

Re: quick question: best to use cluster mode or client mode for production?

Posted by Sam Elamin <hu...@gmail.com>.
I personally use spark submit as it's agnostic to which platform your spark
clusters are working on e.g. Emr dataproc databricks etc