Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Akhona Damane <AD...@csir.co.za> on 2003/06/26 10:35:06 UTC

Just started with Cocoon 2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.1.24

Hello

I am stuck!

I want to start with Publishing XML Documents in HTML and PDF, but I can't seem to find a way of working on my Cocoon.

The tutorials command me to work on http://localhost:8080/cocoon/mount/ but I can't open up mount directory.

Please, help me asap

Thank you

Mr. Akhona Damane
CSIR Environmentek
Spatial Technology
(012) 841 3188
Fax (012) 8412689
adamane@csir.co.za

believed to be clean.

Re: Just started with Cocoon 2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.1.24

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
At 09:25 AM 6/26/2003, you wrote:
> > which version of cocoon are you using?  Also, which
> > servlet container are you running cocoon in?
>
>See mail-subject...
>
>Andreas

Oops, needed to widen my window.  So, which tutorial?

Geoff

Re: Just started with Cocoon 2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.1.24

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
At 08:00 AM 6/26/2003, you wrote:
>Akhona Damane wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>I am stuck!
>>
>>I want to start with Publishing XML Documents in HTML and PDF, but I
>>can't seem to find a way of working on my Cocoon.
>>The tutorials command me to work on http://localhost:8080/cocoon/mount/
>>but I can't open up mount directory.

Which tutorials, and which version of cocoon are you using?  Also, which

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
Akhona Damane wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am stuck!
>
>I want to start with Publishing XML Documents in HTML and PDF, but I can't seem to find a way of working on my Cocoon.
>
>The tutorials command me to work on http://localhost:8080/cocoon/mount/ but I can't open up mount directory.

to be honest, /I am not sure, what you mean with your question. It
seems, that you are rather new to Cocoon. Maybe it would be a good idea,
to get some introductiory material like the Cocoon book from Langham and
Ziegeler:

e.g., /http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712352

but there are meanwhile also other books available, you should find
something that fits your needs.

Then consult the Cocoon documentation and the wiki system:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowTos

Alex