Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Mark McLaren <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/26 09:56:31 UTC

How to pass data between the pluto portal and portlets?

Hi,

I am trying to add my single sign-on (SSO) solution, Yale CAS, into
the Pluto portal for portlet development purposes.  In the SSO I can
obtain tickets and I need to pass a new ticket into each portlet so
that the tickets can be validated on the portlet side.

However, I can't seem to work out how to pass this dynamic information
from the portal into the portlets.  I was thinking that I just needed
to produce an alternative PortletContainerWrapperImpl and point to
that in the ConfigServices.properties.

I thought I could set attributes using
servletRequest.getSession().setAttribute("key","value") inside
PortletContainerWrapperImpl methods and that this would somehow end up
in the portlet session but this hasn't worked so far (portlets and
portal share the same session id but the session contents look
different).  Can anybody offer any advice on this?

For information, I am using Tomcat 5.5.9 with emptySessionPath set to
true and the External App Scoped Attribute Test is passing.

Cheers,

Mark