Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Guillaume Rousse <Gu...@univ-reunion.fr> on 2001/01/13 12:20:34 UTC

proxy support ?

Hello.
Is there a way to specify proxy setting for validating documents with
distant DTD ?
I found a setReaderFactory() method in
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser, that seems to be the correct way, as

the last xerces method call in my stacktrace is
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultReaderFactory.createReader(), but nowhere
i found API for org.apache.xerces.readers package...
Thanks for your help.
--
Guillaume Rousse

Murphy's law : If anything can go wrong, it will.
O'Tool's commentary : Murphy was an optimist.

Re: proxy support ?

Posted by Guillaume Rousse <Gu...@univ-reunion.fr>.
Le 2001.01.15 13:30:45 +0400, Ian Roberts a écrit :
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> > Is there a way to specify proxy setting for validating documents with
> > distant DTD ?
>
> Xerces just uses the standard java.net.URL etc. for fetching schemas, and
> I assume it does the same for DTDs.  Given this you can make java use a
> proxy server by giving it the correct command line arguments:
>
> java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=<proxy-server> -DproxyPort=8080
> ClassName
Well, i was aware of that solution, but it is only possible when you have
access to the initial JVM launch command, which is not always true (from an
IDE, from a running servlet engine, etc...). Maybe just adding those two
properties to the class opening the URL could allow more flexibility.

Re: proxy support ?

Posted by Ian Roberts <ir...@decisionsoft.com>.
On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Hello.
> Is there a way to specify proxy setting for validating documents with
> distant DTD ?

Xerces just uses the standard java.net.URL etc. for fetching schemas, and
I assume it does the same for DTDs.  Given this you can make java use a
proxy server by giving it the correct command line arguments:

java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=<proxy-server> -DproxyPort=8080 ClassName

Ian

--
Ian Roberts                     | irr@decisionsoft.com
DecisionSoft Ltd.               | http://www.decisionsoft.com/