Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Aaron Wald <wa...@walds.com> on 2001/05/04 19:13:04 UTC

large return values

hi

I'm looking for some help returning a large string, say 1-2 meg on a soap call. I'm trying to do this, and the call does not succeed in any reasonable amount of time. The network is not the issue. I think the large message is causing something in one of the soap layers to fail. Maybe soap is not designed to handle large messages, I can easily break it up, but before I do that I want to see if I can find some documentation on the issue.

I've tried apache 2.0 & 2.1 soap implementations.

Is there any faq that talks about this or anyone with an example?

Also, if up to date archives are around I'd be willing to search those first.

thanks,
aaron