Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by sahil aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/31 14:39:28 UTC

Plans for debian 9 ?

Hi,

What are the plans for debian 9?  I am working on building Hadoop, Hbase
for debian 9 and already done with Hadoop. It took some changes in puppet
manifests to make it work for puppet 4.x.

Can push changes to mainstream if debian 9 support is on the track.

Thanks,
Sahil

Re: Plans for debian 9 ?

Posted by sahil aggarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Olaf,

While building hadoop 2.6 from trunk for debian-9, it try to apply patch
patch0-HADOOP-12366.-expose-calculated-paths.diff but it is only applicable
2.8.1. For now I just removed this patch, any way to skip it for versions <
2.8.1 ?

Moreover BIGTOP-2774 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2774>
added '--parser future' in puppet cli while running toolchain but it
doesn't work for puppet 4.8.2 available in debian-9, it throws invalid
option: --parser. Correct option seems to be 'parser=future' for puppet
4.8.2.

Is it expected that user make these small changes according to versions
they are using or it is supposed to be handled by bigtop itself?

Re: Plans for debian 9 ?

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@googlemail.com>.
hi

Re: Plans for debian 9 ?