Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Terry Westley <tw...@buffalo.veridian.com> on 2001/04/27 04:17:02 UTC

confused!

Am I confused and overwhelmed by all the stuff on jakarta.apache.org!

Is there an overall roadmap that would help a newbie (in Java and JSP,
not in programming) like me figure out where I should start learning and
using all this good stuff?

I'm learning how to build web applications with JSP and Java servlets
using MySQL, Tomcat, and Apache.  I've been pretty succesful so far
in building a little web-based discussion group.  Now, I'd like to
speed up the development a bit through using web publishing tools,
frameworks, and/or an IDE.

There appears to be a lot of good stuff in Jakarta.  Where's the best
place to start?

--
Terry Westley
twestley@acm.org

Re: Tomcat Source

Posted by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com>.
Worked - thanks!

Re: Tomcat Source

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.
Use GNU tar, not the one supplied with Solaris.

At 07:27 27/04/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm getting a directory checksum error un-tarring the jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
>source tarball.  Has anybody else run into this?
>
>Thanks - Tod
>
>Details:
>-------
>Solaris8
>gunzip v1.2.4
>jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1-src.tar.gz

Fergus Gallagher
Orbis
http://www.orbisuk.com/
+44-(0)20-8742 1600

Re: Tomcat Source

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/27/01 4:27 AM, "Tod Thomas" <tt...@chubb.com> wrote:

> I'm getting a directory checksum error un-tarring the jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
> source tarball.  Has anybody else run into this?
>
> Thanks - Tod
>
> Details:
> -------
> Solaris8