Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Blake Binkley <bb...@ciholding.com> on 1997/09/20 23:30:03 UTC

mod_auth-any/1154: Basic Auth fails on correct entry

>Number:         1154
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       Basic Auth fails on correct entry
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Using Apache 1.3a1 compiled in Release mode
have not added any special Modules
I've already found that the passwords are not crypted
it is failing basic authentication when a directory is protected as follows

<Directory /apache/htdocs/1>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Sanyo Customers Only
AuthUserFile /apache/conf/users
AuthGroupFile /apache/conf/groups
<Limit Get Post>
require customers
</Limit>
</Directory>

customers is a group in the groups file
>How-To-Repeat:
try the example in the description
>Fix:
not at this time wanting to know if this is only my machine or the way I am implementing authenticatio