Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kyrindorx <ky...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/01 07:20:36 UTC

spring-bean RCE (indirect vulnerability of Servlet/jsp request get/post)

Hello everyone,

The internet developer community found a bug in
spring-beans/spring-webmvc on 03/30/2022. I would like to know to what
extent Wicket could be affected for this exploit? I think it should be a
specific behavior with Spring and the servlet engine (Tomcat was used in
the exploit), but Wicket is also a servlet-driven web framework.

The exploit used a code injection block with "<% bad java code/cmds %>"
and a beanintrospeaction via a rest service call. What is the opinion of
the Wicket core team on this issue?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Sources:
https://security.snyk.io/vuln/SNYK-JAVA-ORGSPRINGFRAMEWORK-2436751
(informed by github)
https://tanzu.vmware.com/security/cve-2022-22965
https://github.com/tweedge/springcore-0day-en

Re: spring-bean RCE (indirect vulnerability of Servlet/jsp request get/post)

Posted by kyrindorx <ky...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your advice and help :)

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.