Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de> on 2004/08/27 17:02:53 UTC

no in

Hi!

I want to use <dl> in the glossary.
Then I need an anchor for each term as a linkend.
The only place <anchor> is allowed within a <dl>
is the <dd> tag but this makes the term vanish.

Do I have to use a different approuch (no <dl>)
or is this kind of a limitation that might be
removed in the document-vX.Y.dtd? Or is there
another solution?

Thanks
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de

Re: no in

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I want to use <dl> in the glossary.
>>> Then I need an anchor for each term as a linkend.
>>> The only place <anchor> is allowed within a <dl>
>>> is the <dd> tag but this makes the term vanish.
>>>
>>> Do I have to use a different approuch (no <dl>)
>>> or is this kind of a limitation that might be
>>> removed in the document-vX.Y.dtd? Or is there
>>> another solution?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Johannes
>>

>> @id attributes on <section> get automatically converted to anchors.
>> You can try and see if that works for <dd>.  If not, it'd be a
>> worthwhile addition to our skins.
>>

> This works fine:
> Hansel walked into the <link href="#forrest">forrest</link>.
> <dl>
>   <dt id="forrest">Forrest</dt>
>   <dd>A bunch of trees.</dd>
> </dl>
>
> Thanks, sometimes it's so easy :-)
> Johannes

Ha.. it's getting to you too :-)  The English word is "forest" not
"forrest".  I forget this all the time.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming