Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pavlikus <pa...@bk.ru> on 2004/08/19 06:54:32 UTC

Re[2]: Help on Action implementing thread for checking user registration thru email?

Hello struts,

Thursday, August 19, 2004, 7:36:38 AM, you wrote:

sD> ----- Original Message -----
sD> From: "Pavlikus" <pa...@bk.ru>
sD> Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 4:30 PM
sD> Subject: Re: Help on Action implementing thread for checking user
sD> registration thru email?

>> What about following variant?
>>
>> In "execute" method of RegistrationAction:
>> 1. Drop ALL expired records from database
>> 2. Commit user info to DB
>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>  Pavlikus                            mailto:pavlikus@bk.ru

sD> Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean to use DB to set expired time
sD> for each record to be 24 hr, if user not check back with Action, DB
sD> will drop that record automatically??

Yes. I store "preRegistration" date in DB. So, I can easy drop expired
records during new user registration.

sD> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org