Posted to ruleqa@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2014/04/26 01:15:39 UTC

Update on Zones

A quick update on zones.

Our ASF zones server has catastrophically failed due to a power surge.
The machine and the data are unrecoverable.  No known backups exist of
the machine.

Infra has rolled us out a CentOS 6.5 machine to replace zones and today
I successfully logged into the machine and accessed the machine as
root.  Had some hurdles on just logging in such as learning how to use
OPIE (aka OPT aka S/KEY).

I am now in the process of using the documentation we have combined with
a reverse engineering of the logs and what exists in SVN to rebuild the
server.

My first task is to get DNS running.  Next will be rsync and then
getting the masscheck engine and updates running.

Then I'll identify what else is needed.  So far, things are pretty bad
and we are missing lots of puzzle pieces so I'll be doing my best to get
things running.

Regards,
KAM