Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Yaniv_Shaya <Ya...@orsus.com> on 2001/11/08 22:24:27 UTC

Fastest XSLT on my own XML like hierarchy

Hi,

I have a hierarchical data structure and want to take advantage of XSLT to
convert it to other XML formats.

If I want to get the FASTEST possible execution of the XSLT what interface
should I expose to that data structure if I know I'm going to use Xalan ?
DOM / SAX / String / Xalan specific ?

If this hierarchical structure may be infinite at some level of the
hierarchy, and the XSLT does not need to access that level, would Xalan try
to ? What interfaces should I expose - is there such interface that won't
cause the XSLT implementation to iterate into those nodes ?

Thanks,
	Yaniv.

Yaniv Shaya
yaniv@orsus.com
Orsus Solutions Ltd.
2 Hayotzrim Street, P.O.B 195
Or-Yehuda 60218, Israel
Tel: +972-3-5386702, Fax: +972-3-5386700