Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/11/14 20:57:56 UTC

Re: web site (was IRC log)

Glen Daniels wrote:

> 2) We should probably get this kind of stuff (and the IRC
> logs) up on the xml.apache.org website eventually.  It's
> great that Jean-Noel can do it for now, but it seems
> appropriate to have it on the apache server in the long
> run, no?

Everybody who is a committer to xml-soap is also a committer to xml-site.

Note: the process for defining the fancy graphics intensive front pages is
using some code called "stylebook".  I find it a bit excruciating, but
there is no requirement that all of the site be done in this same way.

For what it is worth, the current process to update the web site is as
follows:

1) cvs co xml-site

2) Update the xml files in the xml-site/sources directory.

3) Add Xerces, Xalan, and Stylebook to your classpath.  You can get
binaries or build these yourself.

4) Execute xml-site/run.bat (actually, I typically run only the individual
bat file I need, e.g., sources/website.bat).  Note: when I run I get an
error about a CVS directory.  I haven't debugged, but I did find that
deleting that directory is an effective workaround.

5) cvs commit the files that changed (both .xml and .html).  Stylebook will
actually update all files, you might want to commit less.

6) on locus, cd to /www/xml.apache.org.  Excecute cvs update.

Note: the plans are to replace stylebook with cocoon.  My preference would
be to replace it with a simple style sheet / XSL Transform, with the
overall processs scripted by Ant.

- Sam Ruby

Re: web site (was IRC log)

Posted by Jean-Noel Gadreau <jn...@activcard.com>.
I am not a committer so I cannot do that although I would probably like
to be committer for the 3.0. I am not sure my HTML skills are at the
Apache Standards. I can help, and I don't mind putting stuff on my web
site for now.

Jean-Noel

Re: web site (was IRC log)

Posted by Jean-Noel Gadreau <jn...@activcard.com>.