Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henrik von Schlanbusch <he...@enovate.no> on 2011/10/22 09:22:12 UTC

How to load a page into a zone

Hi

We are trying to make navigation in our application more
dynamic and easier to manage. We have built zones that
register themselves to a central javascript controller
(AdaptitController) when they are rendered. The purpose of
the zones is that they should be updated via ajax when
objects are selected in the webapp. When clicking on a
link (we call it a SelectionLink), the AdaptitController
will run through all the zones that need to update themselves and try to update
them with a specific url. It is the last issue I am
struggeling with.

I know the URL I want the zone to be updated with,
and I also know the id of the zone in the page. So is it
in some way or another possible to use the Tapestry.ZoneManager
to load the url into the zone of which I know the id?

Regards
Henrik von Schlanbusch

Re: How to load a page into a zone

Posted by Henrik von Schlanbusch <he...@enovate.no>.
Henrik von Schlanbusch <henrik <at> enovate.no> writes:

> I know the URL I want the zone to be updated with,
> and I also know the id of the zone in the page. So is it
> in some way or another possible to use the Tapestry.ZoneManager
> to load the url into the zone of which I know the id?

For some  more info, I know that I can load a page, and extract
it's body block in order to render it within a zone. So I know
all of that works, so the only  thing I now need to know
is how to be able to load the url into the zone via javascript.

Henrik