Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/15 21:09:56 UTC

Late additions I want to add to 6.6.1 and 7.0

I've been adding some bug fix JIRAs to 6.x in case there was a 6.7. At
the same time I've been struggling a bit with what to put in 7.0. Add
to that I'm leaving on vacation in 2 days and I purely detest someone
changing code then leaving on vacation. But given the schedules I
don't see much choice.

I hereby authorize anyone who finds a problem to roll back any of the
proposed commits below.

Anshum and Varun:

Since you're the RMs for the affected versions, your vetoes are the
ones that matter most. I'd like to move on this quickly so I have a
day at least for anything to shake out. I will be around for some of
Thursday but will only have limited time so the sooner the better.

Sorry for the late notice, time flies when you're having fun and all that.

------------
SOLR-11069: LASTPROCESSEDVERSION for CDCR is flawed when buffering is enabled.

This is not committed anywhere yet but is a fairly serious problem
CDCR can get into. Commit to master, 7.1, 7.0, 6x and 6.6

-------------
SOLR-10910: Clean up a few details left over from pluggable transient
core and untangling CoreDescriptor/CoreContainer references

commit to 6.6, already in 6.7+
-----------
SOLR-11024: ParallelStream should set the StreamContext when
constructing SolrStreams

comit to 7.0 and 6.6.1

SOLR-10908: CloudSolrStream.toExpression incorrectly handles fq clauses

commit to 6.6, already in 6.7+

SOLR-11122: Creating a core should write a core.properties file first
and clean up on failure

commit to 7.0 and 6.6.1, already in the others.