Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Amnon Khen <am...@cash-u.com> on 2003/12/18 22:54:59 UTC

maven.repo.remote as a local filesystem

Hi Maven folk,

Is it possible to add a directory on the company LAN to maven.repo.remote
using the file:// protocol?
I need to do it because we haven't yet completely migrated to Maven, and we
have a central built artifacts reposaitory on our LAN, in which I wanna
search for and retrieve to maven.repo.local my project's dependencies.
Is it possible at all? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to configure
maven.repo.remote = http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/,
 file:///build_pps/public/repo,
 file:///ilfss/data/products

I'm getting the following error:
-------------- 8< ------------- 8< --------------------------------------
Attempting to download PECAN-3.50.0.9.zip.
Error retrieving artifact from
[file://build_pps/public/repo/pecan/zips/PECAN-3.50.0.9.zip]: java.ne
t.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Error retrieving artifact from
[file://ilfss/data/products/pecan/zips/PECAN-3.50.0.9.zip]: java.net.
ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
WARNING: Failed to download PECAN-3.50.0.9.zip.
-------------- 8< ------------- 8< --------------------------------------

Thanks,
            Amnon

Amnon Khen, Configuration Management, Cash-U Mobile Technologies LTD.
Mobile: +972-(0)54-922394 / Office: +972-(0)9-8920815
mailto:amnon.khen@cash-u.com <ma...@cash-u.com>  /
http://www.cash-u.com <http://www.cash-u.com/>
Israel - 45 Hamelacha St., P.O. Box 8617, New Industrial Zone, Netanya
36880, Israel / Tel: +972 9 8920888
Europe - Argentum, 2 Queen Caroline St., Hammersmith, London W6 9DT, UK /
Tel: +44 20 8323 8066
Asia-Pacific -  47A Duxton Road, Singapore 089511 / Tel: +65 67322440
This e-mail message and its attachments are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s), may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are
to  be regarded as confidential information under any non disclosure
agreement. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the  sender by reply and destroy all
copies of the original message and its attachments.

Re: maven.repo.remote as a local filesystem

Posted by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca>.
Hi Amnon
I'm a Maven newbie (but also a fast learner ;) ), but have also setup a
repository on a LAN. Used Apache to make the doc public and accessible
easily by the download engine. Works perfectly and Apache is quite easy
to install / configure both on Windows and Linux boxes.
file protocol is handy for a "real" local repository (same machine) but
on a LAN, especially if you mix Win and Linux machines, refering to file
using the UNC notation becomes quite tricky, and is not browser
independant to add up :(.

hope it helps
Eric.