Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/02 19:03:48 UTC

[Log4j] Any desire to continue using Travis now that GitHub Actions are configured for PRs?

As far as I can tell, we have full support for building PRs in both
Windows and Linux (and macOS supposedly, though I haven't tried that
out) on GitHub Actions. With that configured, I don't think it's
necessary to also run PRs on Travis, especially if their
configurations get out of sync and confuse PR submitters about the
status of their PR build.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [Log4j] Any desire to continue using Travis now that GitHub Actions are configured for PRs?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Now that I’ve also stabilized the Jenkins build, I think we should
certainly be paying closer attention to CI failures. I think we can
maintain the dual CI config for now and see if either approach is more
useful for PRs specifically.

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Carter Kozak <ck...@ckozak.net>.
I'm in favor of consolidation, I don't recall Travis working on both master and release-2.x at the same time. Thanks for your work to improve the build pipeline, Matt!

-ck

Posted by Volkan Yazıcı <vo...@gmail.com>.
Agreed. (I have just added support for MacOS as well.)