Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by David Morris <Da...@plumcreek.com> on 2003/01/08 05:34:19 UTC

Re: Struts Tools

Ted,

I was able to automate this using Ant and the
fixcrlf task. By adding a pretty simple target to
most builds, it is easy to generate a source version
of most Jakarta builds. Here is a sample from the
beanutils build:

  <target name="dist.add.source">
     <copy todir="${build.home}/classes">
        <fileset dir="${source.home}" includes="**/*.java"/>
     </copy>
     <fixcrlf srcdir="${build.home}/classes" includes="**/*.java"/>
  </target>

Running this target before the jar target (which is
pretty easy to do in Eclipse from the CVS builds)
will add java source files to the distribution jar.
It would be nice to have platform specific builds
with source available, but if that is too much
bother, I would be happy to submit patches to the
various build.xml files along with Eclipse specific
build instructions.

David Morris

>>> husted@apache.org 12/24/02 06:35 AM >>>
If the instructions on amending the build process were available,
they might also be submitted to Gump, which builds a ton of JARs
every day.

http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/

The driving force behind Gump is Sam Ruby, who I've copied into
this reply.

If for some reason the process cannot be automated at this time,
perhaps you should setup a SourceForge project where these JARs
can be pooled and shared.

-Ted.