Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/10 13:03:16 UTC

Re: doubts regarding interwebapp communication

Raghu,

Since i have not used JetSpeed myself....Am forwarding this to the cocoon users list. FWIW, Am
quite sure that JetSpeed is maintining session variables, you need to check with their docs on
what they are and which ones you can use.

Thanks,
dims

--- raghu <s_...@rti.daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working on forms in cocoon2.  What we have in our system is 2
> webapplications(cocoon2 and jetspeed,also a jakarta project).   Jetspeed is
> a portlet framework,  and we have cocoon forms coming as portlet in the
> jetspeed main page.
> My question is,
> When the user logs in to the jetspeed homepage,  is there any methods in
> cocoon by which i can get the parameter (user name) from the jetspeed.  I
> have connected both the webapplication to the same database(mysql).
>    What i want is,  when the user after logging to jetspeed , he clicks on
> cocoon form, cocoon takes the username as a parameter, and based on this
> parameter fills some fields from the database table so that the user neednot
> enter those fields everytime he wants to fill in a form.
> Hope u are clear,
> Thanx,
> Raghu
>

> Man cannot remake himself without suffering. For he is both
> the marble and the sculptor.

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

http://im.yahoo.com

AW: doubts regarding interwebapp communication

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
I think you just need to write your own action which puts the user name from
'whatever you want' into the pipeline.

=====