Posted to users@camel.apache.org by VineetKK <vi...@infosys.com> on 2013/05/29 15:04:10 UTC

Using ActiveMQ with Camel

Hello,I am using Camel 2.10.4.I have the following scenario:1) User will give
request to Camel. (Will be exposed as RESTFul WS)2) Camel will move that
request to ActiveMQ. (ActiveMQ bundled with Camel)3) An external listener
(consumer) will listen to the ActiveMQ and route the request to respective
service layer.I have the following doubts:1) Can I directly use ActiveMQ
bundled with Camel? I yes, how to I need to configure the same i.e. activemq
broker, activemq web console etc...?2) If no, then do I need to use a
standalone ActiveMQ?3) If someone has done the same scenario previously, can
you please guide me?Regards,Vineet

Re: Using ActiveMQ with Camel

Posted by VineetKK <vi...@infosys.com>.
Yes, I agree...
After using servicemix, I really find it flexible and robust.

Re: Using ActiveMQ with Camel

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
likewise, you can use Camle/AMQ with Servicemix as well and it can provide
greater flexibility in terms of deployments (bundles with separate
lifecycles, etc)

see this guide for setting up AMQ:
http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.4.x/activemq/index.html
see this guide for setting up Camel:
http://servicemix.apache.org/docs/4.4.x/camel/index.html

VineetKK wrote
> Thanks Claus Ibsen.
> I got that working.
>
> However, later our design got changed and now I am trying to achieve the
> same but with ServiceMix.
>
> Regards,
> Vineet

-----
Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://consulting-notes.com

Re: Using ActiveMQ with Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes you can embed and use AMQ in the same JVM as your Camel application.

There is a vm transport in ActiveMQ for communication in the JVM.

See for example this example
http://camel.apache.org/activemq-camel-tomcat.html

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM, VineetKK <vi...@infosys.com> wrote:
> Hello,I am using Camel 2.10.4.I have the following scenario:1) User will give
> request to Camel. (Will be exposed as RESTFul WS)2) Camel will move that
> request to ActiveMQ. (ActiveMQ bundled with Camel)3) An external listener
> (consumer) will listen to the ActiveMQ and route the request to respective
> service layer.I have the following doubts:1) Can I directly use ActiveMQ
> bundled with Camel? I yes, how to I need to configure the same i.e. activemq
> broker, activemq web console etc...?2) If no, then do I need to use a
> standalone ActiveMQ?3) If someone has done the same scenario previously, can
> you please guide me?Regards,Vineet

Claus Ibsen
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.