Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Palmentieri Nunzio <Nu...@eng.it> on 2016/03/08 17:34:18 UTC

Camel XMLRPC dateTime.iso8601 format.

Hi,
I'm trying to use XMLRPC over apache Camel.

I succeeded in getting response from xmlrpc server, but I got an error When trying to receive a date field in the following format:

<member>
      <name>startDate</name>
      <value>
            <dateTime.iso8601>20160301T12:00:00+0000</dateTime.iso8601>
      </value>
</member>

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Nunzio Palmentieri

Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
Via Emanuele Gianturco, 15 - 80142 Napoli
Tel.    +39 0816103388
Mob. +39 3351214806
www.eng.it

This electronic message contains information from Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

R: Camel XMLRPC dateTime.iso8601 format.

Posted by Palmentieri Nunzio <Nu...@eng.it>.
Hi,
the java code is:

XmlRpcConfigImpl.java from "apache-xmlrpc-3.1.2"

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Ah yeah that was a little bug in camel-xmlrpc. I have just fixed that
so it wont set those values to null.

Are in 2.16.3 and 2.17.0 releases.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Palmentieri Nunzio
<Nu...@eng.it> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
> maybe it could be a documentation problem. In fact, I found that setting the timeZone=it_IT on the route, it works fine and it's capable to manage date.
>
> .to("xmlrpc:http://{{uri}}/?timeZone=it_IT&synchronous=true&basicEncoding=ISO-8859-1&basicUserName=xx&basicPassword=xx&encoding=ISO-8859-1&userAgent=xx")
>

> I think it should be at least specified on documentation that if timeZone is not set, the component raise a NPE.
>
> Nunzio Palmentieri
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
> Via Emanuele Gianturco, 15 - 80142 Napoli
> Tel.    +39 0816103388
> Mob. +39 3351214806
> www.eng.it
>
> This electronic message contains information from Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

>>> Mob. +39 3351214806

<Nu...@eng.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that in the class XmlRpcConfigImpl.java from apache-xmlrpc-3.1.2, the timeZone is correctly set to the default (Europe/Berlin) at row 33.
>
> But after, some Camel module calls setTimeZone with pTimeZone=null (row 86). I saw it debugging.
>
> So, when the getTimeZone() (79) is called, it returns null.
>
> I changed the getTimeZone() as follows
>
> public TimeZone getTimeZone() {
>         //return timeZone;
>         if(timeZone != null)
>                 return timeZone;
>         return TimeZone.getDefault();
> }
>
> and now it works.
>

> Nunzio Palmentieri
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
> Via Emanuele Gianturco, 15 - 80142 Napoli
> Tel.    +39 0816103388
> Mob. +39 3351214806
> www.eng.it
>
> This electronic message contains information from Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

>>> Mob. +39 3351214806

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Ah

<Nu...@eng.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that in the class XmlRpcConfigImpl.java from apache-xmlrpc-3.1.2, the timeZone is correctly set to the default (Europe/Berlin) at row 33.
>
> But after, some Camel module calls setTimeZone with pTimeZone=null (row 86). I saw it debugging.
>
> So, when the getTimeZone() (79) is called, it returns null.
>
> I changed the getTimeZone() as follows
>
> public TimeZone getTimeZone() {
>         //return timeZone;
>         if(timeZone != null)
>                 return timeZone;
>         return TimeZone.getDefault();
> }
>
> and now it works.
>

> Nunzio Palmentieri
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
> Via Emanuele Gianturco, 15 - 80142 Napoli
> Tel.    +39 0816103388
> Mob. +39 3351214806
> www.eng.it
>
> This electronic message contains information from Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A., which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

>>> Mob. +39 3351214806

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Palmentieri Nunzio <Nu...@eng.it>.
Hi Gregoire,
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Posted by Gregoire Autric <ga...@redhat.com>.
hi, Nunzio